Thinking about buying a house?
We’re excited to help you buy your next home! Our goal is to understand your needs, determine which loans you qualify for, and give you an ultimate mortgage experience. Let’s get started!
What loan works best for you?
Learn about the various loan options available. When you’re ready, start an application with us and we’ll find a loan that fits best for you!
All applications are subject to underwriting guidelines and approval. Not all programs available in all areas. Other restrictions may apply. All programs are subject to change without prior notice. Not all applicants will qualify.
I'm a first-time home buyer
Buying your first home can be overwhelming. That’s why our loan officers are here to help guide you through buying maze. You’ll want to start by figuring out how much of a house you can afford, finding the right loan, choosing the right realtor, and understand each step of the loan process. Don’t worry! We’ll walk you through each phase.
- Get pre-qualified: First thing you’ll want to do is get pre-qualified. This part of the mortgage process determines how much of a house you can qualify for. This may sound like a scary process, but not to worry! We’ll assess your affordability based on your credit score, income, assets, and overall debts.
- Down payment: While its common to put 20% down, there are many down payment options. Down payment assistance programs offer zero down, Conventional loans require a minimum of 3%, FHA loans require a minimum of 3.5%, and VA loans require zero down payment. (ex. If your home purchase price is $100,000 and your down payment is 10%, then you would be required to bring $10,000 as your down payment, and your loan amount borrower would be $90,000)
- Finding the right loan: Once we determine your qualification, we’ll give you few options that best suits your needs. Your loan officer’s job is to explain each option in detail (without the unfamiliar mortgage lingo!), answer any questions you may have, and allow you to choose the loan that works best for you.
- Closings costs: No to be confused with down payment; closing costs include third party costs like title work, mortgage lender’s closing cost fees, taxes, insurance, pre-paid items, appraisal, mortgage insurance (if required), etc. Your loan officer will provide a loan estimate uncovering each costs associated with your loan.
I need help with down payment
Total Choice Mortgage offers a Down Payment Assistance Program for those who qualify. This program may not be available in certain states, please contact your loan officer for complete detail on eligibility.
- Loan Types: FHA, VA, USDA, and Conventional Loans.
- Income: Income limits apply, but not based on household income.
- Borrower Eligibility: You do not have to be a first time home buyer! Other eligibility requirements apply, contact your loan officer for complete detail.
- Property Type: Primary Residence, Owner Occupied (1 or 2 units only), Condos, and PUDS.
Low down-payment options
While it’s common to put 20% down, there are various down payment options depending on your qualification.
- Down Payment Assistance Program: This program offers zero down payment.
- Conventional Loans: Minimum down payment requirement for conventional loans is 3% of your purchase price.
- FHA Loans: Minimum down payment for a FHA loan is 3.5%.
- VA Loans: Zero down payment required for veterans.
There are pros and cons with very loan option and eligibility requirements. To get an in-depth understanding of each loan and to see if you qualify, contact our loan officer today!
I want to buy a fixer-upper
A FHA 203K loan may be ideal if you’re thinking about buying a home that required renovation or repairs. As an approved FHA 203K lender, we’ll lend you the money to buy the house plus the cost it requires to renovate or repair your dream home. Have an eye for a old house that could turn into your dream home? Contact your loan officer for complete detail!
- Minimum Renovation Cost: $5,000
- Maximum Renovation Cost: Lesser of FHA Mortgage Limit or Loan-to-Value (LTV) from the Purchase-Loan-to-Value (Percentage and amount between the two values vary based on the type of 203K loan).
I'm building a new house
Building a new home allows you to customize your dream home, exactly how you want it! TotalChoice Mortgage offers one-time close construction loans to help finance your dream home.
- Owner-occupied/Single-Family construction financing
- Flexible construction terms available
- Simple, easy builder approval process
- Interest-only payments during construction phase
- Minimum credit score of 680
- Permanent end-loan financing
- Wide variety of long-term loan programs to choose from
- Builder spec construction financing available.
I'm active duty in the Military or a Veteran
You served, now let us serve you. Don’t let your Veteran’s eligibility for a VA loan go to waste.
Benefits of a Veteran’s Affairs loan:
- Down Payment: 100% financing (no down payment required) .
- Mortgage Insurance: No monthly mortgage insurance required.
- Closing Costs: Reduced closing costs.
- VA Funding Fee: Can be added to 100% financing.
- Rate Type: Adjustable and fixed rate option.
- No pre-payment or early pay off penalty.
I'm interested in a conventional loan
A conventional loan may be ideal for qualifying borrowers. Take a look at some of the key benefits below:
- Down Payment: As low as 3% down payment option
- Mortgage Insurance Premium: Option to eliminate mortgage insurance to reduce your overall monthly payment
- Property Type: Not limited to property type unlike government-backed loans like FHA, VA, and USDA.
I want to live in a rural area
USDA loan may be a great option if you’re looking to live in a designated rural area. Here are some of the benefits of an USDA loan:
- No down payment required.
- Low to moderate income borrowers may qualify.
- Allows sellers to contribute to closing costs.
Contact your loan officer for complete detail and qualification requirements.
How much house can I afford? Find out by starting an application.
Hear our customer’s home buying story
Find out what financing a home through TotalChoice Mortgage feels like.
Getting my loan through Robert Livingston was really simple and straight forward. He was very quick to respond whenever I had any questions. He even brought me a gift to my closing!
Jeff stayed in touch with us through the whole process. He made the whole process very easy for us. We will use him again and tell all of our friends.
Matthew Shields was always available and always professional. He knows what he is doing and makes sure he communicates that to you while going through the crazy process. I’d work with Matt any day.